1. By enrolling in Alliance Française de Cork courses, you are entitled to free access to our Multimedia Library and our online digital portal Culturethèque.
2. Places are on a first–come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved without full payment. To avoid disappointment, please ensure we receive your full enrolment fee well in advance. Please note that a minimum number of students are required to open a course as advertised. This varies according to course type. In the event of a class having below the minimum number of students, Alliance will endeavour to customise the course in order that students will be able to progress through the programme in a shorter period of time. Alliance Française reserves the right to change the course tutor at any stage throughout the term.
3. We welcome payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, debit card (Laser), cheque or cash. Please note that cash and laser payments can only be accepted in the office during office hours.
4. No new enrolments may be accepted after the 2nd week of term.
5. Fees are exclusive of course books.
6. For Primary and Secondary classes, students must agree to abide by the AF Code of Conduct (available at office) supplied on registration.
7. [PRIVATE TUITIONS] If you want to cancel a course, please advise us 24 hours in advance. Cancellation for a Monday class must be informed on Saturday. Otherwise, you will be charged for the class.
8. Refund policy:
• We regret that fees are not refundable or transferable once the course has started.
• We reserve the right to add, cancel or customize classes subject to demand, and to return applications at our discretion. In the event of a cancellation, we will endeavour to provide an alternative class-option for students as soon as possible (see 2. above). If such an alternative is not possible, fees will be refunded or transferred to following term. Please allow a few weeks for this to be processed.
• No partial refund can be granted for classes not attended. For the comfort of all participants, it is not possible for students to attend an alternative class to compensate for any missed lessons.
• The Alliance Française is authorised to make refunds to all students as follows: where students who have paid the full course fee notify the Alliance Française before the course commencement date that they do not intend to take up the place reserved, all fees paid will be refunded except for an administrative fee of €75. Application for such refunds must be made to the Director in writing.
• In exceptional cases of hardship (e.g. medical, bereavement), requests for refund of fee outside the limits set out above may be considered, but such requests should be made in writing to the Alliance Française de Cork together with supporting documentation.
We reserve the right to refuse admission.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
This personal data is not collected, handled or stored by AFC itself. Instead AFC uses professional platforms, each are trustworthy leader in its field, to ensure your information is treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988, 2003 & 2018. These platforms are: • Hanaf is a School management software that allows us to administer our Language Centre operations. The personal information you provide on it includes the minimum information: name / gender / date of birth / telephone / email address / postal address. The software also keeps a record of enrolments, classes attended and payments (however the platform does not store any credit card details). • Mailchimp: is a mailing lists management and automation platform that is used to send out our informational emails regarding our courses and cultural events. The email address you have submitted is the only information kept. None of the personal information you provide on these two platforms is made available to any third parties. Your activity on them is not monitored. The information is stored but not processed, only used by AFC in accordance with the purpose for which you provided the information and will only be retained for as long as required for the purpose – save in cases where AFC is required by law to do so (such as the investigation of a criminal offence by the Gardai).
These two platforms are fully compliant with the GDPR Rights of access / to object / to rectification / to be forgotten: - At the end of each informative email we send out there are options that allow you to update your subscription preferences and unsubscribe from the emailing list. - Your personal account on Hanaf allows you to access all the information you have submitted and make amendments. The platform does not provide the user with the option of deleting his/her account online but this can be done on your behalf by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any specific queries about the purpose for which your information is to be used, or your responsibilities as provider of personal information you should contact us before submitting any information email@example.com.