TERMS AND CONDITIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The Alliance Française is not bound by any error in or omission from, the following regulations:
- Places are on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved without full payment. To avoid disappointment, please ensure we receive your full enrolment fee well in advance. Please note that a minimum number of students is required to open a course as advertised. This varies according to course type. In the event of a class having below the minimum number of students, Alliance will endeavour to customise the course in order that students will be able to progress through the programme in a shorter period of time. Alliance Française reserves the right to change the course tutor at any stage throughout the term.
- We welcome payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, debit card (Laser), cheque or cash. Please note that cash and laser payments can only be accepted in the office during office hours.
- No new enrolments may be accepted after the 2nd week of term.
- Fees are exclusive of course books. You can purchase your course books in the office during office hours.
- For Primary and Secondary classes, students must agree to abide by the AF Code of Conduct (available at office) supplied on registration.
- Fully registered adults can also avail of up to 4 hours Speedlingua practice over the course of the semester. Please note that hours are subject to availability, and cannot be carried over to the following term. Suitable only for Elementary levels onwards.
- Refund policy:
- We regret that fees are not refundable or transferable once the course has started.
- We reserve the right to add, cancel or customise classes subject to demand, and to return applications at our discretion. In the event of a cancellation, we will endeavour to provide an alternative class-option for students as soon as possible (see 1. Above). If such an alternative is not possible, fees will be refunded or transferred to following term. Please allow a few weeks for this to be processed.
- No partial refund can be granted for classes not attended. For the comfort of all participants, it is not possible for students to attend an alternative class to compensate for any missed lessons.
- Students who have paid the full course fee must notify the Alliance Française de Cork before the course commencement date that they do not intend to take up the place reserved. Fees minus an administration fee of €50 will be transferred to the following term or refunded. Application for such refunds should be made to the President in writing.
- Students who have already paid the full course fee must notify the Alliance Française de Cork within two weeks following the course commencement date that they do not intend to take up the place reserved. Half of the course fee will be transferred to the following term or refunded.
- In exceptional cases of hardship (e.g. medical, bereavement), requests for refunds of fees outside the limits set out above may be considered, but such requests should be made in writing to the Alliance Française de Cork together with supporting documentation.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission.
Your statutory rights are not affected.